Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Quilt

I must be tired, I cannot even come up with a good name for this post. 
Maybe they should all just be numbered. 
That would be easy. 

Before I left for Colorado, I went on a quilt shop hop and got a pattern and a bunch of
batik charm squares. 
I was able to piece the front before I left and I was almost through with the back. 
I had great intentions of finishing and quilting this baby quilt while I was gone. 
It did not happen. 
Not even close. 

So, this last Sunday at quilt class, I was able to put this together and get it quilted. 
I had to sandwich the batting together and do a pillow case turn to get it done.
I thought the back was bigger when I made it but it was not. It was about a quarter of 
an inch smaller than the front. 
It's okay. I got to learn a new way of sandwiching a quilt. 
And it worked. :-)

After it was turned the correct way, I hand sewed the edge closed and then quilted it. 
This is for a friends grandbaby and I wanted it a little modern and funky on the sewing. 
There is a wonky circle in each of the squares,
a small circle in each intersection,
and the edge has a squiggle and then a 1/4 inch around the edge. 
I was very pleased with the fun quilting and hope that my friend likes it. 
I am still amazed at how much I am loving all this sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I've never attempted a quilt pieced on both sides. That turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete