Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ironing board

It is the little things.... 
I truly believe that. 
It is not the huge major things that bother you.
It is just the little things. 
6 years I have hated the various ironing boards that I have had. 
I missed my big honking ironing board from the house.
There was no way that it would fit in the rig so we compromised. 
It has been bad the entire time.

So with all this quilting I have started, I really needed a good ironing board. 
When we took the class in Williams I finally found my first love. 
The queen of ironing boards.... I could wax eloquent for hours but I won't. 

What I will do is show you what I did. 
My first thought was... "Hmmm, we could make these for ourselves."
Are you surprised? Now one else was either. :-) 
I took some measurements, talked to the ladies and we agreed to make 6 boards. 

We bought the supplies on a trip to Prescott. 
Home Depot and Joann's. Two of my favorite stores. 
I had the Orange man cut my MDF to size so all we had to do was assemble.
We used the air compressor (my friend)
to staple the stuffing and cover 
to the board and we were done.
It was an easy and fun project. 
The best part??? 
Ironing is a breeze and it has a home next to my dryer. 
It does not get any better than that.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! How awesome that you made it too. I used one like that when I took a class at a quilt shop. I've been dreaming of it ever since ......

    ReplyDelete